Attend the National Conference on Coteaching for Free!
As leaders of AACTE’s Coteaching in Clinical Practice Topical Action Group (TAG), we are pleased to invite applications from PK-12 personnel to secure funding to attend the National Conference on Coteaching in Bloomington, Minnesota, October 24-26. Applications are due September 1 so don’t delay!
About the National Conference on Coteaching
- Learn about coteaching between preservice and in-service teachers during the student teaching experience and how it is enhancing the induction and mentoring of teacher candidates, as well as enriching the practice of veteran teachers who have found new energy in teaching and working with kids.
- This year’s conference has added a second strand that includes coteaching between two licensed educators. This strand has a focus toward K-12 practitioners who are engaged in the work of coteaching on a daily basis.
- Network with colleagues from around the country. Remember to bring your business cards, as the conference schedule allows for opportunity to network and engage in conversations with your colleagues.
- Interact with both teachers and researchers who are learning from and supporting each other in this amazing and collaborative work!
Funding Available for Two PK-12 Personnel
Our TAG is sponsoring two PK-12 school district personnel (e.g., one teacher and one administrator, or one coteaching team) participating in coteaching during clinical practice within their building with up to $600 each to support travel and lodging for the event. Conference registration will be waived for the selected recipients. Preference will be given to those applicants whose school or district is partnering with a teacher training institution engaged in the work of coteaching during clinical practice.
We invite interested applicants to send the following information to Christina Tschida (email@example.com) by 5:00 p.m. EDT September 1:
- Applicant name and school district
- Affiliated university
- Reason attending conference
- Reason support is being requested
- If you are partnering with a university in the work of coteaching during clinical practice, please describe your role
- If you receive the travel stipend, how will you apply what you learn at the conference in your building or district?
Note: If awarded, you will be asked after the conference to provide a one-page summary of how you applied what you learned at the event, including any enhanced collaboration with a partner university as a result of attending the conference.
Read about our experience at last year’s event in this article.