AACTE Partners with EdPrepLab on Webinar Series
AACTE is excited to partner with the Educator Preparation Laboratory (EdPrepLab), an initiative of the Learning Policy Institute (LPI) and Bank Street College of Education, to bring a series of webinars to members. Educator preparation programs across the country can access AACTE and EdPrepLab resources to support their teaching, research, and policy in higher education.
In this series of webinars, our members will hear from member institutions, stakeholders, scholars, practitioners, and policymakers as presenters dive into topics that will include addressing social emotional learning, cultural competence, creating inclusive classroom and school environments, and teacher residency models.
We hope you will register for our first webinar on Social and Emotional Learning, Cultural Competence, and Equity in Teacher Preparation that will take place on November 14 at 3:00 p.m ET. The panel of experts include:
- Nancy Markowitz, executive director, Center for Reaching and Teaching the Whole Child
- Patricia Swanson, professor and chair, Department of Teacher Education, San Jose State University
- Pat Norman, professor of education and coordinator of elementary MAT program, Trinity University
- Mari Jones, faculty and project co-director of the Deeper Learning Hub, High Tech High Graduate School of Education
- Moderated by Maria E. Hyler, director, EdPrepLab and deputy director of LPI’s Washington, DC, office
Future webinars will be hosted in January, March, and May. AACTE encourages all members, including students at every level of their preparation, to take advantage of this opportunity to learn alongside your colleagues in discussing research, policy, and practice to advance high-quality, equity focused educator preparation!