AACTE Partners with NASDTEC to Present Free Webinar on Mitigating Risks
AACTE is collaborating with the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) to present the free webinar, An Intentional Focus on Mitigating Risks Across the Continuum. The webinar will take place on Thursday, January 24, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. EST. Advanced registration is required to participate.
The profession of education is highly complex, with educators having to make multiple decisions in their daily work. Competing tensions and greatly nuanced variables that are inherent in this field can add to the vulnerabilities and risks that educators must navigate, especially when it comes to professional decision making.
The purpose of the webinar is to collaboratively explore how educator preparation providers (EPPs) and their PK-12 partners, including National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT), can be advocates for professional decision-making, and proactively and intentionally focus on preservice and in-service instruction in mitigating risks. Panelists will discuss their perspectives as to the importance of this focus and on using the Model Code of Ethics for Educators (MCEE) as a guide across the professional continuum.
The webinar presenters include:
- Lynn M. Gangone, AACTE President and CEO
- Peggy Brookins, NBCT, President and CEO, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Nadine Davidson, Associate Professor, University of Northern Iowa
- Doretha Allen, Blended Learning Instructional Lead Coach, Dallas (TX) Independent School District
- Jim Brooks, NBCT, English, West Wilkes (NC) High School
- Anne Marie Fenton, Director, Rules Management and Educator Assessment, Georgia Professional Standards Commission
Mark your calendar for this webinar and register now.