AACTE Celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week, May 7-11
AACTE joins the National Education Association (NEA) and the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in celebrating excellent teachers during National Teacher Appreciation Week, May 7-11, and National Teacher Day, May 8.
The NEA and National PTA invite you to get involved by thanking a teacher in the following ways:
Thank a Teacher on Social Media May 7-11
- Make a video or take a photo of yourself thanking a teacher who has made a difference in your or your child’s life, or just thank all teachers for supporting our nation’s students every day. (You can download this ThankATeacher template to use in your photo.)
- Upload your video file for NEA to share. NEA will be aggregating and sharing messages of appreciation throughout the week to let teachers know how much they mean.
- Share your message of appreciation on your favorite social media platform using the hashtag #ThankATeacher.
Wear #REDforED May 9
Join teacher advocates who are fighting for school funding, professional pay, and better learning conditions for their students. Show your solidarity with them by wearing red on Wednesday, May 9, and sharing a picture of yourself on social media explaining why you’re wearing #REDforED.
- “I’m wearing #REDforED to thank all the teachers spending their own money to supply their classrooms.”
- “I’m wearing #REDforED because our public schools need to be fully funded.”
Participate in a Giveaway on Social Media
Learning Forward is also offering a #TeacherAppreciationWeek giveaway of a new iPad to the person who gets the most shares or retweets when answering the question: How are you inspired by teachers? Be sure to include #Inspiredbyteachers in your post.
Leave a comment
Director of Marketing & Communications, AACTE