Advance Your Career at AACTE’s Leadership Academy
Are you a new dean or department chair—or simply looking to advance your career as an academic administrator? Get ahead at AACTE’s Leadership Academy this June in Portland, Oregon!
AACTE’s Leadership Academy is held each summer as a professional development training for new deans, department chairs, and other academic administrators. The academy covers the essentials of leadership, from managing finite resources to effective development and public relations, while helping attendees cultivate a supportive network of peers.
At AACTE’s Leadership Academy, participants will—
- Articulate critical components of leadership, including styles, motivations, and roles, and apply them to their own practice as leaders.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the multiple roles and functions of their appointed positions, particularly in an individual institutional context.
- Strengthen key leadership skills, enabling them to more effectively serve as both team leaders and members, manage time, communicate with diverse audiences, resolve conflicts, and deal with change.
- Engage in discussions, via small-group settings and collective sessions, to forge networks with other professionals in similar leadership positions.
- Understand the conflicting interests of scholarship and administrative responsibilities through professional and confidential discussions and interactions.
Join us June 26-30 in Portland, Oregon, and invest in your future! Emerging leaders in educator preparation won’t want to miss this event.
Leadership Academy registration is open through June 2. Space is limited, so secure your spot soon!
Leave a comment
Vice President, Membership, Events, and Special Projects