Sharon Robinson to Join NCEE Webcast for New Elementary Education Report
A new report on international approaches to developing elementary teachers will be released next week at a webcast event featuring AACTE President/CEO Sharon P. Robinson. Register at this link to tune in for the event, which will be held Tuesday, July 19, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. EDT.
The report, Not So Elementary: Primary School Teacher Quality in Top-Performing Education Systems, is authored by Australian researcher Ben Jensen on behalf of the National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE). It looks at international practices in elementary teacher preparation and their effects on student achievement. Recommendations for U.S. policy and practice are included.
During the webcast, Robinson will join other teacher preparation experts on a panel discussing how lessons from the top performers might be applied in this country:
- Marc Tucker, President and CEO, NCEE (moderator)
- Ben Jensen, CEO, Learning First (report author)
- Sharon Robinson, President and CEO, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Lee Shulman, Professor Emeritus, Stanford University, and President Emeritus, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Gary Sykes, Senior Research Director, Understanding Teaching Quality Center, Educational Testing Service, and Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University
In addition to viewing the webcast through the link above, you can follow the conversation on Twitter at #NotSoElementary.
Leave a comment