Call for Proposals Deadline Extended to August 11
AACTE has extended the Call for 2024 Annual Meeting proposals, and will accept submissions through Friday, August 11, 11:59 p.m. PT. AACTE is inviting proposals that align with this year’s theme “Ascending New Heights: Propelling the Profession into the Future,” and address one of five strands:
- Strand I: Advancing Innovation and Impact
- Strand II: Resilient Leadership During Unprecedented Times
- Strand III: Education Policy and Advocacy in an Era of Inequity
- Strand IV: Deepening the Impact of Education Research and Research to Practice
- Strand V: Prioritizing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Who Should Submit a Proposal?
- Thought leaders from both the higher education and PK-12 communities
- Doctoral students pursuing an Ed.D. or Ph.D. to share their perspective
- Individuals from all educational fields are invited to bring their research and practice
Do you need tips on how to write a successful submission?
Here are the top 5 Tips that will help your proposal rise to the top:
- Follow the Format – Your proposal will be evaluated based upon the 10 criteria outlined in Rubric which can be found in the Call for Proposals Submission Guidelines. Familiarize yourself with these prior to writing your proposal.
- Structure Your Session – Identify the type of session you want to present at the Annual Meeting. When you review the guidelines, pay attention to the AACTE Session Types outlined in the Proposal Guidelines, and ensure your proposal reflects the format of your selected session type.
- Speak to the Strand – Address not only the conference theme, but one of the five strands as well. Review AACTE’s official Call for Proposals, select the strand your work best supports, and ensure your proposal answers one or more of its guiding questions.
- Talk about Takeaways – Reviewers will be looking for outcomes that attendees can implement, and your proposal should outline what knowledge those attending your session can both gain and apply at their institutions.
- Engage Authentically – Prepare a proposal that presents your story and use your proposal to engage attendees and incorporate multiple viewpoints and feedback.
Tags: Annual Meeting