Complete Your Entry for the 2022 Outstanding Dissertation Award
The deadline is approaching for the AACTE 2022 Outstanding Dissertation Award. Applications can be submitted through the online submission system now through August 20. This award includes a $1,000 cash prize, as well as special recognition at AACTE’s 74th Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA, March 4-6, 2022.
The Outstanding Dissertation Award, overseen by AACTE’s Committee on Research and Dissemination, recognizes excellence in research (or its equivalent) that contributes to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation.
Individuals receiving a doctorate since January 1, 2020 are eligible to apply for this award. The primary selection criterion is quality of scholarship. Please note, reviewers do not want to receive full dissertations! Instead, they request a 10-page narrative answering a series of questions about the study, along with a letter of support from the dissertation adviser/chair. The narrative summary file should answer the following questions about the dissertation:
- What conceptual, methodological, or research question did it address?
- What was the rationale for the study?
- What was the knowledge base for the study?
- What research methodology was employed?
- What were the findings? What is important, surprising, or particularly illuminating about the findings?
- What are the theoretical and/or practical implications of the findings?
- What were the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of the study’s design?
Submissions should also include a blinded copy of the original abstract, table of contents, and references. See the call for entries (PDF) to read the full criteria and more specific submission requirements.
All applications must be entered through AACTE’s online submissions site by the August 20 deadline.
If you need more information, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.