Watch Livestream Presentation on Findings from Groundbreaking Study on the Principal Pipeline
AACTE invites you to view a livestreamed presentation and panel discussion about the results of a new, groundbreaking study by the RAND Corporation on the impact of principal pipelines on districts, principals and students. The livestream is on Monday, April 8 from 10:30am – 12:00 noon ET. Register now!
Research has long confirmed principals’ influence on student achievement and the role districts play in shaping school leadership. Yet, until now, there’s been no evidence that districts approaching school leadership strategically and systematically could achieve benefits districtwide.
Launched in 2001, the Wallace Foundation’s Principal Pipeline Initiative (PPI) sought to test this hypothesis. The foundation funded six districts that implemented four interlocking components of a principal pipeline: rigorous leader standards, high-quality pre-service training, hiring procedures informed by data, and on-the-job evaluation and support.
Thus far, independent studies have shown that building principal pipelines proved to be feasible, affordable, and sustainable. Now, released for the first time, is the RAND study looking at student achievement and principal retention across the district.
- Will Miller, President, The Wallace Foundation
- Susan Gates, Senior Economist, RAND Corporation; and co-principal investigator of the evaluation
- Richard Carranza, Chancellor, New York City Department of Education
- Jeff Eakins, Superintendent, Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Monica Goldson, Interim CEO, Prince George’s County Public Schools
- Sonja Santelises, CEO, Baltimore City Public Schools; and panel moderator
- Alvin Wilbanks, Superintendent, Gwinnett County Public Schools
AACTE encourages you to host a Watch Party with your faculty members and key stakeholders. There will be an opportunity to submit questions online to the panelists following the livestreamed discussion from 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon ET.
For additional information about the AACTE principal pipeline initiative, please visit the Principal Preparation section of AACTE’s website.
Tags: AACTE partner organizations, principal preparation