Community College Educator Preparation Programs Are Invited to Join the NACCTEP/AACTE Partnership
In July 2018, AACTE and the National Association of Community College Teacher Education Programs (NACCTEP) entered into an 18-month pilot partnership program to foster collaboration through the common goals of advocating for, advancing, and diversifying educator preparation programs. Since then, the partnership has grown with community colleges from seven states: California, Oregon, Maryland, Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, and Texas. If you are part of a community college educator preparation program interested in connecting with 4-year degree-granting institutions, then you can join the partnership too!
The partnership helps strengthen the teacher pipeline, bring diversity to the field, and advance the preparation of educators. In addition to receiving NACCTEP benefits, all partners receive AACTE benefits, including the following:
- Journal of Teacher Education (JTE) – All partners receive a complimentary subscription to the AACTE journal, JTE.
- AACTE Advocacy Center – AACTE serves as the voice of U.S. educator preparation and maintains a constant presence on Capitol Hill to advocate for federal policies and funding on behalf of the profession. AACTE also equips partners with tools and resources, such as its State Policy Tracker, Action Alerts, and State Leaders Institute, necessary for advocacy on the federal and state levels.
- AACTE Resource Library and Directory – All partners have access to this online library of tools, webinars, and reports, including Colleges of Education: A National Portrait. The directory allows you to search for your peers based on location, research area of expertise, and institution to connect with and learn from each other.
- Reduced registration rates for all AACTE Events – As a partner institution, your faculty and staff receive discounted rates for all AACTE events, including the AACTE Annual Meeting in Louisville, KY, February 22-24, 2019.
Learn more about the dual partnership program:
- Partnership Terms: July 1, 2018 – December 31, 2019
- Partnership Dues: $1,000
- Eligibility Requirements: Not-for-profit, up to 2-year, degree-granting in education, domestic and foreign institutions of higher education
- How to Join: Complete the partnership application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the partnership is institutional—when your organization joins all students, faculty, and staff become partners and have access to benefits.
If you have any questions about the partnership or how to join, please contact me at email@example.com.