Deadline Approaching: 2024 Gloria J. Ladson-Billings Outstanding Book Award Nominations
There is still time to nominate a book for the AACTE 2024 Gloria J. Ladson-Billings Outstanding Book Award. This national award recognizes exemplary books that make a significant contribution to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation. The deadline to submit entries is June 9.
This award is named after renowned scholar, Gloria J. Ladson-Billings, whose work has shaped the field in many ways, and her research in cultural pedagogy and equity in educator and student instruction, including critical race theory, has transcended beyond educator preparation. The award-winning book and its author/editor(s) will be recognized at AACTE’s 2024 Annual Meeting, February 16 -18 at the Gaylord Rockies in Aurora/Denver, CO.
Which publications are eligible?
Books with a publication date since July 2021 will be considered and must meet the following criteria:
- Directly address educator preparation or teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation.
- Contain originality of thought in critical analyses of assumptions or practices, or outline proposals that reorient research and practice in educator preparation.
- Demonstrate high-quality scholarship in an area relevant to educator preparation.
- Show potential for significant impact on policy or practice in educator preparation.
- Demonstrate clear and effective writing.
Who can submit?
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Publishers may submit no more than two titles per imprint. Nominations from publishers must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from an AACTE-member academician.
Spread the word and share the links below:
For more information about this award, contact Weade James at (202) 478-4591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.