AACTE Wants to Honor Your Outstanding Work
Have you thought about submitting and entry for an AACTE Award? Have you or a colleague completed work that you feel should be noticed and deserves to be recognized? The good news is that there is still time to nominate or submit an entry for the 2020 Best Practice and the 2020 Professional Achievement Awards, recognizing member institutions and individuals, respectively, for their significant contributions to the field of educator preparation:
- Best Practice Award for the Innovative Use of Technology
- Best Practice Award in Support of Global and International Perspectives
- Best Practice Award in Support of Multicultural Education and Diversity
- Margaret B. Lindsey Award for Distinguished Research in Teacher Education
- David G. Imig Award for Distinguished Achievement in Teacher Education
- Edward C. Pomeroy Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teacher Education
The deadline to submit your entry is Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
In addition to the Best Practice and Professional Achievement Awards, AACTE Awards will be presented in the following categories:
Writing and Research
- Outstanding Book Award (Deadline was May 16, 2019.)
- Outstanding Dissertation Award (Deadline was September 13, 2019.)
- Outstanding Journal of Teacher Education Article Award (JTE editors nominate entries for this award.)
By identifying notable programs, practices, activities, writing, and research, the AACTE Awards Program, encourages all member institutions to strengthen the profession of teacher preparation through innovation, high standards, and leadership. For more information, review the official Call for Entries and visit the submission site.
The selection process for awards is carried out by AACTE’s standing committees, which review all of the entries before determining the winners to be honored at the 2020 AACTE Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA, February 28 – March 1, 2020. For an overview of the last year’s award recipients, see this press release.
Tags: Annual Meeting