Prepared To Teach Launches Webinar Series on Building Residencies
In their work to prepare aspiring teachers with pathways to paid residencies, Prepared To Teach is offering a six-part webinar series titled “Foundations to Futures” to support building new residencies. Foundations to Futures is a free, exploratory webinar series on residencies that will culminate in an invitation to join the Prepared to Teach Community of Practice to launch residencies.
The series will launch on January 29, 2024, with its first webinar, “Foundations for a Strong Residency” which will focus on the potential teacher residencies have to fundamentally transform both how individuals enter the profession and how students and teachers experience schooling. This webinar will share the following:
- A vision for residencies as a unique approach to preparation—and why we need them today,
- How preparation programs and school/district partnerships form the backbone of a strong residency,
- The basics of co-constructing residency designs,
- And tools and resources—all Creative Commons Licensed—for you to use in your local context.
Learn more about the webinar topics, dates and times, and registration links:
- Foundations: January 29
- School Readiness: February 28
- Clinical Practice: March 20
- Recruit for Diversity: April 16
- Sustainability: May 15
- Political Will: June 17
For more information about this webinar series, contact Prepared To Teach.