Take Advantage of Classroom Observation Materials with ATLAS
With the fall semester coming to an end and preparations for the spring semester quickly approaching, education faculty can make the most out of AACTE resources when needing to provide classroom observation experience for their teacher candidates. ATLAS (Accomplished Teaching, Learning and Schools®) is a video library that provides video cases and analysis tools of accomplished teaching practices indexed to common teaching and learning frameworks across various classroom settings. Observations with ATLAS are made even more valuable because they include insights into behind-the-scenes instructional decision-making.
AACTE has partnered with the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards, Inc. (‘NBPTS’ or ‘The National Board’) to offer individual and institutional access to ATLAS at a reduced cost for AACTE members who are new subscribers.
AACTE members who sign up for a new ATLAS subscription before the end of 2023 will receive a 20% discount on institutional or individual subscriptions. Both institutional and individual subscription options are available for both one and three-year terms, and those selecting a 3-year term will be eligible for the 20% discount.
3- year subscription: $79 (with AACTE member 20% discount)
3-year subscription: $2,400 onboarding fee + $10 per User (with AACTE member 20% discount)
1-year subscription: $99 (no discount)
1-year subscription: $1,200 onboarding fee +$10 per User (no discount)
AACTE has already provided webinar resources (Part 1 and Part 2) on how to use ATLAS as a tool and framework for using video resources in teacher preparation, and is now excited to offer you this tool at a reduced cost for those who register for a new subscription before the end of the year. To receive the discount, simply follow these two steps:
- Complete the ATLAS form.
- Select AACTE in response to the “How did you hear about ATLAS?” question.
You will be contacted by an ATLAS representative once the form is submitted.
What are the benefits of ATLAS?
While there are a variety of methods to deliver observation and analysis opportunities to teacher candidates, an ATLAS subscription is a cost-effective, scalable, and peer-reviewed option for EPPs to do so. Some of the benefits of an ATLAS subscription include the following:
- Quality Video Cases
- More than 1,400 diverse video cases covering most subjects, grades, and school settings.
- Video cases come from teachers who successfully achieved National Board Certification.
- Authentic videos showing evidence-based practices in action.
- Alignment to Coursework and Certification
- Interface allows users to tag, save, and organize cases for easy access throughout their learning.
- Video cases are indexed to frameworks such as edTPA and InTASC.
- Video cases can be used in coursework on classroom management and assessment, methodology courses, and student teaching experiences.
- Interactive Analysis
- Analysis activities that help candidates understand behind-the-scenes instructional decision-making.
- Insights into accomplished teaching as defined by the profession’s standards and assessed through a peer-reviewed performance-based process.
To learn more about research exploring ATLAS’s potential to strengthen pre-service teachers’ professional learning, visit learntechlib.org.