Kern Family Foundation’s Master of Arts in Character Education Scholarship Opportunity
The Kern Family Foundation is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity. The Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues at the University of Birmingham located in Edgbaston, U.K. delivers a Master of Arts (MA) in Character Education. The MA program is a part-time degree that is taught online over three years giving students the flexibility to complete the program alongside full-time employment. The 2024 cohort begins in September 2024.
The university will offer scholarships covering the full tuition expense for a select number of U.S. citizens, who live and work in the United States. This scholarship is known as the Kern Award. As a valued partner of the foundation, we invite you or one of your esteemed colleagues to apply for the program.
At 11:00 a.m. CST on December 14, 2023, Paul Watts, Ph.D., program lead for the MA in Character Education, will be presenting an information session about the program via Zoom.
Within the session, Watts will:
- Explain what prospective students can expect during the three years studying in the program.
- Explain the requirements for the Kern Award Scholarship, which covers full tuition fees for the program.
- Explain how prospective students can apply for the Kern Award Scholarship (please note that the deadline for those applying for the Kern Award Scholarship is May 31, 2024).
- Be available to answer any questions that prospective students have about the program or application process.
When: December 14, 2023, 11:00 a.m. Central Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Application Details for the Kern Award:
To be considered for the Kern Award scholarship by the University of Birmingham, you must first apply and receive an offer to study on the MA Character Education at the University of Birmingham. You can submit an application for the program, online.
You do not need to apply separately for the Kern Award scholarship. To indicate that you would like to be considered for the Kern Award by the University of Birmingham, you will need to include the following in the application form:
- Within the application, you will be asked about funding. Please select “external scholarship,” write “Kern Family Foundation,” and select “no” when asked if the funding has been obtained.
- Please contact the Character Education program lead, Watts, to inform him of your intent to apply for the Kern Award.
The application deadline for those wishing to apply for the Kern Award is May 31, 2024. For more information, please contact Watts.
About The Jubilee Centre: The Jubilee Centre is a pioneering interdisciplinary research organization focused on character, virtues, and values in the interest of human flourishing. The Centre is a leading voice on character education in the U.K. and internationally. For more information, please visit www.jubileecentre.ac.uk/.
About the Kern Family Foundation: The Kern Family Foundation’s mission is to empower the rising generation of Americans to build flourishing lives anchored in strong character, inspired by quality education, driven by an entrepreneurial mindset, and guided by the desire to create value for others. We focus on initiatives that have long-term, systemic impact. The Foundation was established in 1998 by Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern, founders of Generac Power Systems. For more information, please visit www.kffdn.org/.