Registration is Now Open for Washington Week 2023
Registration is now open for AACTE 2023 Washington Week, a set of advocacy-focused events held annually in the nation’s capital. Teacher educators and other members from colleges and institutions nationwide are invited to register and attend on June 4 – 7 in Washington, DC.
This legislative conference is designed to enhance member advocacy skills, including Congressional visits, while promoting policies to support educator preparation programs. This year’s national advocacy event for educator preparation, themed “Investing in Education,” will take place at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington, Virginia, and Capitol Hill.
AACTE’s Washington Week combines the best programming from three separate events — State Leaders Institute, Holmes Policy Institute, and Day on the Hill — into one mini-conference for enhanced collaboration and networking. Register today and book your hotel.
What to Expect
Sunday, June 4
- Welcome to Washington program and reception
Monday, June 5
- Keynote and plenary panels for all attendees on AACTE’s legislative priorities, working with the media, and the most pressing federal and state policy issues in educator preparation
- Dedicated preparation time for congressional meetings
Tuesday, June 6
- Specialized programming for state affiliate organization leaders, Holmes Scholars, and EPP leaders and faculty
- Continued preparation for congressional meetings
Wednesday, June 7
- Day on the Hill: Meetings with your congressional representatives to advocate for support for educator preparation
Tags: events, Washington Week