2023-24 Holmes Council Call for Nominations is Now Open
AACTE and Holmes Scholars Council are pleased to announce the call for nominations to serve on the 2023-2024 Holmes Council. Both current Holmes Program doctoral and master’s students are eligible and encouraged to run for office. The Council partners with AACTE and serves as a student voice to communicate the needs and experiences of scholars and enhance the Holmes programming.
Joining the Holmes National Council has been an amazing opportunity to serve my peers alongside talented and creative fellow council members. So far, I have enjoyed my time and experience as the President of the Council. This opportunity has allowed me to better understand and further develop my interests in cross-cultural competence, leadership, and service. As president, my duties include convening and leading the Council executive board meetings, assisting on various committees, and serving as a spokesperson for the AACTE Holmes Program. I am grateful for the supportive spirit of my fellow Council members and the cultural sensitivity that has characterized our collaborative working environment. I am so happy I gave this opportunity a shot! I encourage you all to consider this wonderful leadership and service opportunity.
-Oumarou Abdoulaye Balarabe, Holmes Council President 2021-2023 Holmes Scholar at Ohio University
The following positions are open:
- Vice President
- Research Coordinator
- Sergeant at Arms
- General Alternate 1 and General Alternate 2
- Social Media Coordinator
- Master’s Representative
To view the full list of open office positions and descriptions, visit the Holmes webpage on the AACTE website.
Scholars interested in one or more of the above referenced positions must adhere to the timeline below:
- December 20: Call for nominations open. Nominations and self-nominations must be submitted using this form.
- January 10: Prospective nominees are invited to attend the Holmes Program Hot Topic Tuesday session to meet with current officers and ask any questions about the positions.
- Time: 8:00 PM EST
- Join via Zoom: Meeting ID: 815 9668 6198 | Password: yV56Mj
- January 17: Nomination window ends.
- January 24: Candidates are required to attend a virtual townhall to deliver a campaign speech to the Holmes community. Town Hall details will be communicated in the January Holmes e-newsletter.
- January 26: Online voting ballot opens. Ballot link will be included in the January Holmes e-newsletter. (1 vote per institution for each position)
- February 17: Voting window ends. Results announced at the 75th Annual Meeting Holmes Preconference in Indianapolis, IN.