Deadline for 2023 Gloria J. Ladson-Billings Outstanding Book Award Extended to Aug. 26
There is still time to nominate a book for the AACTE 2023 Gloria J. Ladson-Billings Outstanding Book Award. The deadline to submit entries has been extended to Friday, August 26.
This national award recognizes exemplary books that make a significant contribution to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation. The award-winning book and its author/editor(s) will be recognized at AACTE’s 75th Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, IN, February 24 – 26, 2023.
Who can submit?
Self-nominations are not accepted.
Publishers may submit no more than two titles per imprint. Nominations from publishers must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from an AACTE-member academician.
Which publications are eligible?
Books with a publication date since July 2020 will be considered. AACTE award categories Award-winning work must
- Directly address educator preparation or teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation;
- Contain originality of thought in critical analyses of particular assumptions or practices, or outline proposals that reorient research and practice in educator preparation;
- Demonstrate high-quality scholarship in an area relevant to educator preparation;
- Show potential for significant impact on policy or practice in educator preparation, and
- Demonstrate clear and effective writing, and;
- Competitive preference will be given to submissions that promote AACTE’s strategic priority related to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion.
Are you ready to submit your nomination?
Learn more here and submit your entry by August 26.
For more information about this award, contact Weade James at 202/478-4591 or email@example.com.