Call for Entries: 2023 Gloria J. Ladson-Billings Outstanding Book Award
The AACTE 2023 Gloria J. Ladson-Billings Outstanding Book Award is open for submissions. Now is your chance to nominate an author’s book for this prestigious national award. The deadline for submission is August 19.
This award, overseen by the AACTE Committee on Research and Dissemination, recognizes exemplary books that make a significant contribution to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation.
The award-winning book and its author/editor(s) will receive special recognition at AACTE’s 75th Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, IN, February 24 – 26, 2023.
The AACTE Awards Program recognizes excellence in both member institutions and individuals who have made significant contributions to the field of educator preparation. In identifying notable programs, practices, activities, writing, and research, these awards encourage all member institutions to strengthen the profession of teacher preparation through innovation, high standards, and leadership.
Who can submit?
Self-nominations are not accepted.
Publishers may submit no more than two titles per imprint. Nominations from publishers must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from an AACTE-member academician.
Which publications are eligible?
Only books with a publication date since July 2020 will be considered. AACTE award categories Award-winning work must
- Directly address educator preparation or teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation;
- Contain originality of thought in critical analyses of particular assumptions or practices, or outline proposals that reorient research and practice in educator preparation;
- Demonstrate high-quality scholarship in an area relevant to educator preparation;
- Show potential for significant impact on policy or practice in educator preparation, and
- Demonstrate clear and effective writing, and;
- Competitive preference will be given to submissions that promote AACTE’s strategic priority related to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion.
Are you ready to submit your nomination?
For more information about this award, contact Weade James at 202/478-4591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.