You Spoke, We Listened: Leaders Shape New Academy Experience
During AACTE’s 2022 Annual Meeting last month in New Orleans, deans from across the country participated in a listening session with President and CEO Lynn M. Gangone. As has become tradition, this session provides academic leaders a platform to discuss the value of AACTE membership, as well as reflect upon how the association can best serve both their individual and institutional needs over the next year. Some of the opportunities expressed during this session included the following:
- Expanding access to virtual/online trainings that target various levels of academic faculty
- Providing guidance and assistance in developing a career trajectory as an academic leader
- Offering practices and exemplars for collaborating effectively with legislators
- Demonstrating how current data can be used to inform programmatic decisions
- Aligning advocacy at the national level with state affiliate initiatives
- Utilizing technological platforms to expand and improve programmatic offerings
One additional need expressed during the standing room only session was a return to in-person, contextualized learning. Academic leaders at all levels not only need professional development opportunities that speak to the demands of today, but they want a common space in which to forge collaborative networks of like-minded and similarly positioned peers. As a result, AACTE has reimagined its summer leadership programming to better address the needs of today’s leaders.
Traditionally held as a weeklong, leadership training for all academic leaders, the new and improved 2022 AACTE Leadership Academy provides a chance to network with colleagues while exploring today’s pressing leadership topics in a more condensed format. Taking place June 26-30 at the Renaissance International Plaza Hotel in Tampa, FL, you can choose from one of three track options:
- New Chairs and Academic Leaders – June 26-28
- New and Seasoned Deans – June 28-30
- Full Conference (All Sessions) – June 26-30
Whether you attend just one track or the entire event, you will explore some of the critical components of leadership, build key skills while focusing on advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and forge networks with other academic leadership professionals. For additional information on what to expect during AACTE’s 2022 Leadership Academy, be sure to check out the schedule.
Come see how AACTE is addressing your leadership needs. Reserve your spot today for AACTE’s new and improved Leadership Academy experience.
Tags: events, Leadership Academy