AACTE Celebrates Public Schools Week, February 21 – 25
AACTE joins the Learning First Alliance (LFA) in celebrating Public Schools Week 2022, February 21 – 25, a time for administrators, teachers, specialists, teacher educators, parents, and school board members to participate in events and discuss the importance of public education.
As a partnering organization, AACTE recognizes that teachers, principals, and staff who serve in U.S. public schools are key to helping students succeed, especially in these extraordinary times and circumstances. With a focus on what educators have learned and what they are currently experiencing to rethink teaching and learning, this year’s Public Schools Week honors a commitment to school safety, equity, and engagement. AACTE invites members to take part in the week’s activities.
How can you participate?
- Publicize Public Schools Week 2022 and spotlight educators on social media. Download the Public Schools Week Social Media Toolkit and graphics for Facebook/Instagram and Twitter.
- Listen to the Public School Week 2022 podcasts published on the LFA podcast page.
- Tune into Public School Week webinars Monday, February 21 through Thursday, February 24
- Monday (2:00 – 2:45 p.m.)– Register for the Why We Support Public Education webinar.
- Tuesday (2:00 – 3:30 p.m.) – Learn from a panel of exemplars, teachers of the year, superintendent of the year, principals of the year, who talk about what they do to reach all of their students. This live session, which will be streamed on the LFA social media platforms, includes AACTE Past Chair Ann Elisabeth Larson, Ph.D., special assistant to the president, P-20 Strategy, Education, Business and Partner Outreach, and professor at the University of Louisville.
- Wednesday (6:00 – 7:00 p.m.)– Hear from a panel of students who are involved with Youth Engaged 4 Change, discuss why public schools are important to them.
- Thursday (2:00 – 3:00 p.m.)– Explore mental health, wellbeing, and the importance of a whole child health focus with panel of experts.
Learn more at publicschoolproud.
Tags: AACTE partner organizations, community engagement, teacher leaders