Health and Safety at the 2022 Annual Meeting
AACTE cannot wait to welcome you to its 74th Annual Meeting, Rethink, Reshape, Reimagine, Revolutionize: Growing the Profession Post Pandemic, March 4-6, 2022 in New Orleans, LA. As we prepare to welcome you to the “The Big Easy,” the AACTE team is committed to providing an enriching and engaging experience that promotes health and safety and follows the local COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations.
As of October 29, 2021, the city of New Orleans is in Phase Three of their COVID-19 recovery plan. As a result, the following guidelines are currently in effect within the city:
- Masks are required in all early childhood and K-12 educational institutions, healthcare facilities, and public transportation.
- Individuals over the age of 2 are encouraged to wear a mask in public indoor spaces. Given the current COVID-19 variants and rise in transmissibility, AACTE will require masks to be worn during events taking place in conjunction with its Annual Meeting.
- Masks may be lowered during AACTE’s Annual Meeting while actively eating or drinking but must be worn between bites and sips.
- Masks may be lowered or removed during AACTE’s Annual Meeting when actively presenting at an approved and scheduled Annual Meeting session.
- Restaurants, bars, breweries, gyms, indoor fitness centers, sports complexes, and concert venues require proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID vaccine or negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test within 72 hours of entry.
- Proof of vaccination or negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test is required for entrance to hotel ballrooms, event venues, and reception halls. Therefore, such proof will be required to participate in AACTE’s 74th Annual Meeting.
During the AACTE Annual Meeting, participants are encouraged to communicate their preferred level of engagement. Attendees are requested at registration to select one of the following colors as a sticker for their name badge:
- Red – Please maintain your distance
- Yellow – Okay with talking, but not touching
- Green – Handshakes, high-fives, and hugs are okay
We understand that practices and requirements related to COVID-19 will continue to evolve at the federal, state, and local level. As we approach the Annual Meeting, AACTE will continue to update its meeting policies and equip attendees with information on how to provide their proof of vaccination or negative test results. The health and safety of all attendees is a priority, and AACTE greatly appreciates your flexibility and understanding as we navigate these times together.
To track the latest information regarding COVID-19 policies and regulations in New Orleans, please visit the city’s official coronavirus response site. For questions about the Annual Meeting, please feel free to contact AACTE Director, Meeting & Events Linda Minor at firstname.lastname@example.org or email AACTE’s Events Team at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in March!
Tags: Annual Meeting, events, safety