An Update: Masks and Vaccinations at #AACTE22
In just over a month, AACTE’s 74th Annual Meeting, Rethink, Reshape, Reimagine, Revolutionize: Growing the Profession Post Pandemic, will commence March 4-6, 2022, in New Orleans, LA. As conference preparations continue, know that the AACTE team remains committed to providing an enriching and engaging educational experience in an environment that promotes health and safety and follows the local COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations.
As of January 25, 2022, the city of New Orleans remains in Phase Three of their COVID-19 recovery plan. However, new regulations have been added to combat the spread of the Omicron variant. As a result, the following guidelines are currently in effect within the city:
- Individuals over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask in all public indoor spaces. As such, AACTE will require masks to be worn (fully covering both the nose and mouth) during all events taking place in conjunction with its Annual Meeting.
- Masks may be lowered during AACTE’s Annual Meeting while actively eating or drinking but must be worn between bites and sips.
- Masks may be lowered or removed during AACTE’s Annual Meeting when actively presenting at an approved and scheduled Annual Meeting session.
- Proof of vaccination or negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test is required for entrance to hotel ballrooms, event venues, and reception halls. To further protect the health and safety of all attendees, full vaccination (defined as having received the last required dose of a CDC or WHO recognized vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival) will be required to participate in AACTE’s 74th Annual Meeting. AACTE also strongly encourages attendees to receive a booster vaccination prior to participation in the Annual Meeting as well.
- Restaurants, bars, breweries, gyms, indoor fitness centers, sports complexes, and concert venues require proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID vaccine or negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test within 72 hours of entry.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available to attendees during the registration process.
Please upload proof of your vaccine status to our confidential site. Additionally, any attendee with a documented religious or medical accommodation will need to complete an Exemption Request Form. During the onsite registration process, any attendee granted a religious or medical exemption will be required to present evidence of a negative result from a COVID-19 antigen test (administered by a third party and not self-reviewed) or PCR within 72 hours of arrival at the conference.
Throughout the AACTE Annual Meeting, participants are encouraged to communicate their preferred level of engagement. Attendees are requested at registration to select one of the following colors as a sticker for their name badge:
- Red – Please maintain your distance.
- Yellow – Okay with talking, but not touching.
- Green – Handshakes, high-fives, and hugs are okay.
Practices and requirements related to COVID-19 continue to evolve at the federal, state, and local level. AACTE will continue to update its meeting policies and equip attendees with information leading up to and throughout the Annual Meeting. The health and safety of all attendees is a priority, and AACTE greatly appreciates your flexibility and understanding as we navigate these times together.
To track the latest information regarding COVID-19 policies and regulations in New Orleans, please visit the city’s official coronavirus response site. For questions about the Annual Meeting, please feel free to contact AACTE’s Director, Meeting & Events, Linda Minor at firstname.lastname@example.org or email AACTE’s Events Team at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in The Big Easy!