Submit Your AACTE Dissertation Award Entry by August 20
The AACTE 2022 Outstanding Dissertation Award deadline is quickly approaching. Submit your application by August 20 through the online submission system. This award recognizes excellence in research (or its equivalent) that contributes to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation. The Outstanding Dissertation Award includes a $1,000 cash prize, as well as special recognition at AACTE’s 74th Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA, March 4-6, 2022.
Individuals receiving a doctorate since January 1, 2020 are eligible to apply for this award. The primary selection criterion is quality of scholarship.
What should you include in your entry?
The narrative summary file should answer the following questions about the dissertation:
- What conceptual, methodological, or research question did it address?
- What was the rationale for the study?
- What was the knowledge base for the study?
- What research methodology was employed?
- What were the findings? What is important, surprising, or particularly illuminating about the findings?
- What are the theoretical and/or practical implications of the findings?
- What were the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of the study’s design?
Please note, our reviewers do not want to receive full dissertations! Instead, we request a 10-page narrative answering a series of questions about the study, along with a letter of support from the dissertation adviser/chair. Submissions also include a blinded copy of the original abstract, table of contents, and references.
Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact me at email@example.com.