Has Your AACTE Membership Expired?
My name is Anne Tapp, and I was recently elected to represent you on the AACTE Board of Directors. On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education for its ongoing support of AACTE.
The year 2020 was a difficult one for all of us, but I am more confident than ever that AACTE provided the tools, resources, and network opportunities I needed to succeed this past year. Specifically, the new AACTE resources below helped me and my colleagues navigate challenges we had never experienced before:
- Connect360 – This new, members-only resource is an engaging and interactive virtual platform that brings together AACTE’s community of over 15,000 individuals in an exciting way. We can share best practices, connect with each other, and participate in ongoing conversations.
- GoReact Partnership – The GoReact platform facilitates scalable video observation, coaching, and assessment for teacher educators everywhere. Through the partnership, all AACTE members receive complimentary usage through July 31 and a minimum 10% discount to GoReact services thereafter. The amount your institution can save through this offer more than covers the cost of a yearly membership with AACTE.
- COVID-19 Resource Hub – Here we can access various webinars, tools, and the latest research regarding online and distance learning, as well as the COVID-19 Policy Tracker Map, which provides state-by-state guidance on adjusting to policy changes affecting our programs.
- State Policy Recommendations Report (2020) – Newly released this fall, the report details ten recommendations to strengthen teacher licensure and certification, clinical experiences, and induction.
- Strategies that Promote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Educator Preparation (2020) – This report features your fellow AACTE members who share their strategies to diversify the profession.
Additionally, any AACTE member who has not yet renewed their membership, but who does so before May 31, will receive one complimentary course to the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Online Teaching Academy. This new, exclusive resource features four self-paced micro-courses as well as recordings of seven Summer Learning Academy webinars facilitated by online learning experts.
As the new chair-elect of the Advisory Council of State Representatives (ACSR), I am happy to share that AACTE is piloting a state chapter incentive program. Through the program, any institution that is a member of both the AACTE national office and a participating state chapter will receive a 25% discount on 2021 national dues. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn if your state chapter is participating.
Your membership will lapse on May 31, 2021. To renew your AACTE membership, choose one of the following:
To renew your AACTE membership:
- Submit Your Renewal via Credit Card: Visit your AACTE Profile to submit payment online.
- Submit Your Renewal via Check: Make payable to “AACTE” and mail to AACTE, PO Box 825490, Philadelphia, PA 19182-5490. Please note the AACTE mailing address has changed.
On behalf of AACTE, ACSR, and the National Office staff, thank you again! We will continue to get through this challenging time together.