Call for Entries: AACTE 2022 Book Award
Do know someone who has written an exemplary book that makes a significant contribution to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation? Applications for AACTE’s 2022 Outstanding Book Award are being accepted in our online submission system now through May 14, 2021.
This award is reviewed by the AACTE Committee on Research and Dissemination. The award-winning book and its author/editor(s) will receive special recognition at AACTE’s 74th Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana, March 4-6, 2022.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Only books with a publication date since July 2019 will be considered. Additionally, the award-winning work must:
- Directly address educator preparation or teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation.
- Contain originality of thought in critical analyses of particular assumptions or practices, or outline proposals that reorient thinking in educator preparation.
- Demonstrate high-quality scholarship in an area relevant to educator preparation.
- Show potential for significant impact on policy or practice in educator preparation, and
- Demonstrate clear and effective writing.
Authors may not nominate their own work. Publishers may submit no more than two titles per imprint. Nominations from publishers must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from an AACTE- member academician. Digital attachments for this entry must include:
- A letter of recommendation addressing the selection criteria listed above.
- A brief professional biography of the author(s) (150 words per author).
- Contact information for the author(s) or the publisher’s representative(s).
- Review copies of the book.
For more information, read the full criteria for the Outstanding Book Award.
If you need more information, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.