AACTE Announces 2020 Technology Implementation Grant Recipients
AACTE is pleased to announce the 2020 recipients of the new AACTE Video Observation Technology Implementation Grant. AACTE offered the grant in partnership with Edthena to help educator preparation programs enhance training for future teachers in methods courses, field observations, skill building, and group learning via advanced technology.
“Both AACTE and Edthena understand that video observation technology has the potential to positively impact candidates during and after the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Lynn M. Gangone, AACTE president and CEO. “AACTE is proud to collaborate with partners like Edthena to promote technology growth in schools and colleges of education.”
The following AACTE member institutions will receive up to $25,000 in grant funds to implement the Edthena platform for the Spring 2021 semester:
- Columbia University (NY)
- Connecticut State University Collaborative
- Eastern Connecticut State University (CT)
- Southern Connecticut State University (CT)
- Western Connecticut State University (CT)
- East Tennessee State University (TN)
- Ohio University (OH)
- Oral Roberts University (OK)
- St. Edward’s University (TX)
- Texas Woman’s University (TX)
- The College of New Jersey (NJ)
- University of Alabama (AL)
- University of Arkansas (AR)
- University of Memphis (TN)
- University of Nevada Reno (NV)
- University of Rhode Island (RI)
- University of Saint Thomas (MN)
- University of Wisconsin Whitewater (WI)
- Utica College (NY)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VA)
- Virginia Union University (VA)
- West Virginia University (WV)
- Whitworth University (WA)
“The Edthena team looks forward to supporting these programs in their journey this spring to implement video observation as a core part of the teacher candidate experience,” said Adam Geller, Edthena CEO. “Collectively, they represent an opportunity for a large impact on teachers and students, both now and into the future.”
To learn more about the AACTE Video Observation Technology Implementation Grant Program, visit aacte.org/video-observation.
AACTE: The Leading Voice on Educator Preparation
The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education is a national alliance of educator preparation programs and partners dedicated to high-quality, evidence-based preparation that assures educators are profession-ready as they enter the classroom. The 700 member institutions include public and private colleges and universities in every state, the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands and Guam. Through advocacy and capacity building, AACTE promotes innovation and effective practices that strengthen educator preparation. Learn more at aacte.org.
Edthena: Video Observation and Collaboration Platform
Edthena is the leading video observation platform for using teaching videos as part of the teacher training and supervision process. Teachers upload classroom or Zoom-teaching videos, and colleagues or supervisors leave timestamped comments. Perfect for methods courses, field observations, edTPA skill-building, and group learning. For more information and video-focused training resources, visit edthena.com.