Applications Now Accepted for AACTE’s Video Observation Technology Implementation Grant
Applications are now being accepted for the new AACTE Video Observation Technology Implementation Grant. This opportunity, in collaboration with Edthena, is available exclusively to AACTE members.
Given the many challenges that educator preparation programs have weathered in 2020, AACTE and Edthena have created this grant opportunity to provide some much needed relief for up to 20 AACTE members. Each grantee will be awarded up to $25,000 in grant funds, which will be utilized to implement the Edthena platform for the upcoming Spring 2021 semester.
For those AACTE member institutions interested in applying:
- Active AACTE members in good standing, and not already an Edthena partner, are eligible for the grant.
- Matching of grant funds are not required during this Spring 2021 offering.
- Continuing Edthena implementation after the grant period is not required.
- Grantees will receive implementation and planning support from the Edthena team to build a deployment strategy for the spring semester.
- Awardees will receive access to the relevant edTPA toolsets needed for your program (where applicable).
- AACTE team members will also participate in onboarding training with grantees, where possible, to help connect awardees with additional resources.
Interested AACTE members must complete a brief, online application. The grant writing process takes approximately one hour to complete and may be accessed at this link. A letter of support from your program’s top-level decision maker, usually a Dean or Associate Dean, is also required to complete the application.
Applications for the AACTE Video Observation Technology Implementation Grant must be received no later than Monday, December 7. Grantees will be announced on Monday, December 14.
Both AACTE and Edthena understand that video observation technology has the potential to positively impact candidates during and after the Covid-19 pandemic. As such, AACTE is proud to collaborate with Edthena to expand our members’ capabilities in methods courses, field observations, skill-building, and group learning.
For answers to additional questions you may have regarding this grant opportunity, please refer to the FAQ section on the AACTE website. We look forward to receiving your application.
Tags: AACTE online resources, AACTE partner organizations, clinical preparation, membership, technology