Bring Your Voice to AACTE’s Virtual Washington Week
Your voice is needed at the AACTE 2020 Washington Week! Convene virtually with policy leaders, education partners, and colleagues from across the country during interactive sessions addressing current issues facing the profession. With a focus on activism and advocacy, AACTE will elevate the innovative diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies of its members. You can participate in the call for member strategies to address DEI by August 14.
This year’s schedule of events covers provocative topics you won’t want to miss!
Holmes Advanced Policy Course: September 2-3
Experienced Holmes Scholars will explore advocacy strategies and current policies that focus on diversity, equity and inclusion in education. This course is limited to 20 participants. Complete the course application to request your spot by August 14.
View the Holmes Advanced Policy Course agenda at aacte.org.
Holmes Policy Institute: September 8-10
Holmes Program students will learn how to elevate their voice and research to positively impact future policy for students of color and other marginalized groups:
- Civil Rights in Education: History, Resistance, and Opportunities
- Policing in Schools and Efforts to Dismantle the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Community-Based Participatory Research to Achieve Social Justice
View the Holmes Policy Institute agenda at aacte.org.
Day on the Hill: September 9-10 and September 15-16
Attendees will learn how to advocate for the profession and participate in virtual congressional visits to discuss current trends such as:
- The Big Picture: Our Current Policy and Political Landscape
- Higher Education Funding through Congressional Appropriations
- What’s at Stake in Reauthorizing the Higher Education Act
View the Day on the Hill agenda at aacte.org.
State Leaders Institute: September 22-23
State leaders will learn how to augment their state chapter’s impact on the latest education policy issues:
- ‘White Fragility’ Combating Racism Together
- Structures and Strategies for Addressing Racial Matters on College Campuses
- Trends in State COVID-Guidance to EPPs
View the State Leaders Institute agenda at aacte.org.
Join AACTE’s inaugural, virtual 2020 Washington Week in September! Learn more about the speakers at www.aacte.org. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and join the conversation using #AACTEWW20.
Do you have questions or need assistance? Please contact us at email@example.com
Tags: advocacy, events, Holmes Program, Washington Week