Call for Peer Reviewers: 2021 Annual Meeting Proposals
The AACTE Annual Meeting is the premier educator preparation conference in the nation. Each year, the conference provides a forum for educators to engage in meaningful discussions, share research and practices, and become better equipped to drive change in the educator preparation field. And with the 2021 Annual Meeting theme of “Resisting Hate, Restoring Hope: Engaging in Courageous Actions,” the profession will continues its 2020 mission to join together in a united effort to disrupt inequities while educating for inclusion and change.
Peer Reviewers serve an important role in ensuring that exemplary learning opportunities are selected from the proposals submitted. Since the Annual Meeting offers attendees a wide breadth and depth of content and learning experiences, peer reviewers from a background of areas from within the educator preparation field are essential. AACTE encourages you to shape the focus of the 2021 Annual Meeting by volunteering to serve as a peer reviewer.
Timeline for a Reviewer Application
- Applications are due by Wednesday, May 13 at 11:59 p.m. PT
- Approved applicants will be notified on or before Friday, June 5 at 11:59 p.m. PT
Time Commitment for Reviewers: Annual Meeting reviewers will complete up to 10 proposal reviews between June 8 – July 22, to include
- Reviewing the 2021 Call for Proposals, Session Types, and the Presenter Expectations and Scoring Rubric
- Reading all assigned proposals
- Evaluating each proposal based upon the scoring rubric
- Providing constructive feedback and comments as appropriate
Service as a reviewer of Annual Meeting proposals is open to doctoral students, professors, and faculty at AACTE member institutions. And don’t forget, you can still submit an Annual Meeting proposal, even while serving as a reviewer.
Tags: Annual Meeting