Call for Entries: 2021 AACTE Dissertation Award
Do you know someone who recently completed a prize-worthy doctoral dissertation related to educator preparation? Applications for AACTE’s 2021 Outstanding Dissertation Award are being accepted in our online submission system now through August 21.
This award recognizes excellence in doctoral dissertation research (or its equivalent) that contributes to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation. Overseen by AACTE’s Committee on Research and Dissemination, this award includes a $1,000 cash prize, as well as special recognition at AACTE’s 73rd Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA, February 26 – 28, 2021.
Individuals receiving a doctorate since January 1, 2019 are eligible to apply for this award. The primary selection criterion is quality of scholarship. The narrative summary file should answer the following questions about the dissertation:
- What conceptual, methodological, or research question did it address?
- What was the rationale for the study?
- What was the knowledge base for the study?
- What research methodology was employed?
- What were the findings? What is important, surprising, or particularly illuminating about the findings?
- What are the theoretical and/or practical implications of the findings?
- What were the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of the study’s design?
Please note, our reviewers do not want to receive full dissertations! Instead, we request a 10-page narrative answering a series of questions about the study, along with a letter of support from the dissertation adviser/chair. Submissions also include a blinded copy of the original abstract, table of contents, and references. See the call for entries (PDF) for more specific submission requirements.
For more information, read the full criteria for the Outstanding Dissertation Award.
If you need more information, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.