Experience Atlanta at AACTE Annual Meeting
The 2020 AACTE Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA is an opportunity to learn and engage with fellow attendees and join in this unified effort to disrupt inequities while educating for inclusion and change. When the meeting is not in session, you will want to explore the southern charm Atlanta has to offer — from fine dining, shopping and rich history to inspiration-inducing attractions.
All AACTE events (Opening and Closing Sessions, Learning Labs, Deeper Dives) will take place in the Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel. The downtown hotel is only steps away from many attractions:
- Visit the Georgia Aquarium, which contains more than 10 million gallons of water and more than one hundred thousand animals representing 700 species of fish and other sea creatures.
- Sample more than 100 different beverages from around the world at the World of Coca Cola and lean more the iconic beverage.
- The National Center for Civil and Human Rights is an engaging cultural attraction that connects the American Civil Rights Movement to today’s struggle for global human rights.
- Love football? Check out the College Football Hall of Fame that includes a shrine to the greatest to ever play or coach the game, a 45-yard indoor football field, and more than 50 engaging and interactive exhibits.
- Go behind the scenes at CNN Studio Tours. A guided walking tour lets you peek into the newsroom of the world’s first 24-hour news network. Be sure to keep your eyes wide open; there’s no telling who you might see while walking the halls.
- No trip to downtown Atlanta is complete without visiting Centennial Olympic Park, a 22-acre greenspace that serves as Georgia’s lasting legacy of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games.
Check out other popular sites in the Atlanta area:
- One of the oldest zoos in the United States, Zoo Atlanta has an abundance of animals and plants, including 50 species of bird and 40 species of mammal — over 1,300 animals in total.
- Georgia’s most popular attraction, Stone Mountain Park, features a wide variety of family activities located on 3,200 acres of natural beauty.
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden is 30 acres of beautiful displays and spectacular exhibitions that makes it one of the loveliest place in the city to visit. Enjoy the award-winning Children’s Garden, the serene Storza Woods highlighted by a unique Canopy Walk, and the picturesque Skyline Garden.
From world-class restaurants and a myriad of cultural attractions ranging from a hip nightlife to sporting events galore, the city is cosmopolitan in every sense of the word. But the city also has managed to maintain its historic character. So whether you choose modern urban endeavors or old southern pleasures, Atlanta will not disappoint. Learn more at atlanta.net.
Register now to receive discounted registration rates to attend the 72nd Annual Meeting. We also invite you to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and join the conversation using #AACTE20.
Tags: Annual Meeting, events, membership