Dissertation Award Application Deadline Extended to Sept. 13
Were you planning to submit an application for the Outstanding Dissertation Award but missed the deadline? You’re in luck! The deadline has been extended until Friday, September 13.
This award recognizes excellence in doctoral dissertation research (or its equivalent) that contributes to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation. Overseen by AACTE’s Committee on Research and Dissemination, the award includes a $1,000 cash prize, as well as special recognition at AACTE’s 72nd Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA, February 28 – March 1, 2020.
Individuals receiving a doctorate since January 1, 2018 are eligible to apply for this award. The primary selection criterion is quality of scholarship. The narrative summary file should answer the following questions about the dissertation:
- What conceptual, methodological, or research question did it address?
- What was the rationale for the study?
- What was the knowledge base for the study?
- What research methodology was employed?
- What were the findings? What is important, surprising, or particularly illuminating about the findings?
- What are the theoretical and/or practical implications of the findings?
- What were the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of the study’s design?
For more information, read the full criteria for the Outstanding Dissertation Award.
If you need more information, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.