Workshop Offers Opportunity to Practice Pedagogies
TeachingWorks at the University of Michigan is presenting its second annual Practice-Based Teacher Education Workshop, an opportunity for teacher educators to examine and try out practice-based teacher education pedagogies. The workshop, will take place on July 8-10, 2019 at the University of Michigan School of Education, in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The presentations will include artifacts of practice such as videos and transcripts to create more time for teacher educators to practice teacher education pedagogies.
Session Goals: Throughout the workshop, participants will be able to
- Examine high-leverage practices—essential teaching skills for novice teachers—such as building relationships with students, eliciting student thinking, and leading a group discussion
- Watch and then practice using teacher education pedagogies that can give novices opportunities to build their skills with teacher educators’ support:
- Rehearsals, a strategy for preparing candidates to teach in their field placements by creating initial opportunities to refine practice among peers
- Video-enhanced reflection, feedback, and analysis of practice
- Using transcripts to analyze and practice
- Get oriented to the TeachingWorks Resource Library, an online collection of curriculum resources for practice-based teacher education.
For more information on registration, cost, travel and lodging, visit the website.
Questions? Contact Adina Lopatin at email@example.com.