Call for Entries: 2020 AACTE Awards
Applications for the 2020 AACTE awards are now open on AACTE’s online submission site. Entries for the Outstanding Book Award are due May 16 and entries for the Outstanding Dissertation Award are due August 20. All other award submissions are due October 9.
This is the 24th year AACTE’s awards program has been recognizing member institutions’ exemplary programs as well as individuals who have made noteworthy contributions to education preparation. For an overview of the 2019 award winners, see this press release.
For 2020, we invite nominations or applications for the following awards:
- Outstanding Dissertation Award (includes $1,000 prize!)
- Outstanding Book Award
- Outstanding JTE Article Award
- Best Practice Award for the Innovative Use of Technology (AACTE members only)
- Best Practice Award in Support of Global and International Perspectives (AACTE members only)
- Best Practice Award in Support of Multicultural Education and Diversity (AACTE members only)
- Margaret B. Lindsey Award for Distinguished Research in Teacher Education
- David G. Imig Award for Distinguished Achievement in Teacher Education
- Edward C. Pomeroy Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teacher Education
For most of the awards, programs and individuals can be either self-nominated or nominated by a third party. Winners will be decided by the AACTE standing committees and recognized formally at the 2020 Annual Meeting, February 28 – March 1 in Atlanta, GA.
For more information, refer to the official Call for Entries, visit the submission site, or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please help AACTE recognize outstanding programs and achievements!
Tags: AACTE online resources, diversity, global issues, membership, research, technology