AACTE Celebrates Public Schools Week, March 25-29
AACTE joins its fellow members of the Learning First Alliance (LFA) in celebrating Public Schools Week, March 25-29. The initiative is supported by national education groups representing teachers, principals, superintendents, parents and school board members to honor the achievements our public schools are making and the significant contributions public school educators and education advocates bring every day to public schools and their communities.
LFA members are hosting the second annual Public Schools Week on Capitol Hill in Washington and in communities large and small across the U.S. During Public Schools Week, groups representing LFA are inviting community members, lawmakers, parents and others into schools to see firsthand the wide array of programs and policies available to students that will showcase excellence in teaching and learning.
AACTE also invites you to get involved in the following ways:
- Join the conversation on Twitter using #PublicSchoolProud and #PSW19 hashtags.
- Check out and share the social media toolkitfor sample posts and the Pinterest page for graphics.
- Participate in the Public Schools Week Webinar at 8:00p.m. EDT Monday, March 25. Register here.
- Join the Public Schools Week Twitter Chat at 8:30p.m. EDT Monday, March 25, at #PublicSchoolProud and #PSW19.
- Submit an article to your local media or government officials using the Public Schools Week key messages.
AACTE and its fellow LFA members recognize that teachers, principals, and all the educators and support staff that serve in public schools are key to helping students succeed and our nation thrive. Public schools are the centerpiece of the hopes and dreams of our families, and the growth and wellbeing for our communities. There is no better time than now to speak out about the value of public education, the bedrock of our society.
For more information about Public Schools Week activities, visit www.learningfirst.org/publicschoolsweek.