Register for Free Preconference: Overcoming Challenges to Developing a Quality Assurance System
As you are making plans for the 2019 Annual Meeting in Louisville, KY next month, please consider joining us for a free preconference workshop focused on Overcoming Challenges to Developing a Quality Assurance System that will take place Thursday, February 21 from 1:00-5:00pm. Given the iterative nature of continuous improvement work, it is critical to develop a quality assurance system (QAS) that is sustained beyond an external review and provides meaningful data upon which evidence-based actions can be made.
At this interactive preconference, you will learn to
- Recognize components of and strategies for developing a comprehensive QAS
- Explore the importance of examining validity and reliability of the use and interpretation of locally developed performance assessments that serve as a source of evidence for the QAS and approaches for conducting reviews
- Discuss common challenges and approaches to addressing barriers that are encountered when developing and implementing a comprehensive QAS
This session will include an overview presentation, a review of case studies, and participant discussions.
- Cynthia Conn, Assistant Vice Provost, Professional Education Programs, Associate Professor & Associate Dean, Northern Arizona University
- Kathy Bohan, Associate Dean, Northern Arizona University
- Carol Ryan, Associate Dean, Northern Kentucky University
- Sue Pieper, Assessment Coordinator, Northern Arizona University
- Nicole J. Bies-Hernandez, Data & Reporting Specialist, Northern Arizona University
Advance registration for this AACTE preconference is required. To secure your seat, register by February 14.