Attend Preconference Workshop: Enhance Principal Preparation through P-12 Partnerships
The challenges educational leaders face in today’s school environment are ever evolving. With concerns related to school safety, the social emotional well-being of students and staff, and the pressures related to the role of instructional leader, school leaders are expected to have a wider variety of expertise in order to be successful. Several universities, and their district partners, are tackling these challenges and taking steps to ensure their candidates are prepared to meet the real-world demands of the job.
Attend the free Enhancing Principal Preparation through P-12 Partnerships preconference session at the AACTE Annual Meeting to hear about how university based principal preparation programs have redesigned their programs to better align with the challenges facing school leaders. Presenters will highlight the important role that P-12 partnerships play in building a pipeline of school leaders that have the tools and experiences they need to be successful in their new roles.
This session, sponsored by the Wallace Foundation, will feature new reports from the foundation’s School Leadership Initiative. Participants will be asked to engage in dialogue around the information shared and consider how they can incorporate their takeaways into their own work.
- Daniel Reyes-Guerra, Project Director and P.I., Florida Atlantic University
- Laurie Riopelle, Principal, The District of Palm Beach County
- Michelle Young, Executive Director, University Council for Educational Administration
- Wendy Fothergill, Assistant Professor, Colorado State University
- Traci Gile, Principal at Lopez Elementary School and School Leadership Institute Fellow
- Mollie Rubin, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Leadership, Policy, and Organizations
- Andy Cole, Wallace Foundation
- Elaine Wang, Associate Policy Research, RAND Corporation
- Brenda Turnbull, Principal, Policy Study Associates
- Marcy Reedy, Education Policy and Strategic Coordinator, University Council for Educational Administration
Please join us for this day-long, free preconference session on Thursday, February 21.
Advance registration is required. Space is limited so please be sure to register by February 14.