Apply Now for AACTE 2019 Best Practice or Professional Achievement Awards
The deadline to apply for a 2019 AACTE Best Practice or Professional Achievement Award is quickly approaching. Submit your application by Wednesday, October 10, to recognize your program or colleagues and contribute to “Sustaining and Advancing the Profession” at the 2019 Annual Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky!
Do you have a global and linguistically diverse program like Rutgers University (NJ)? An innovative approach for using robotics technology to facilitate teacher candidates’ critical thinking and problem solving like recent winner Northeastern State University (OK)? Or perhaps a sustainable pathway to advocate for educational equity like recent winner University of Colorado Denver? Any AACTE member institution may apply for a Best Practice Award (unless you’ve won it in the past 3 years) in one of the following three categories:
- Best Practice Award for the Innovative Use of Technology
- Best Practice Award in Support of Global and International Perspectives
- Best Practice Award in Support of Multicultural Education and Diversity
We are also seeking nominations for outstanding leaders to recognize. Do you know an influential scholar like recent winner James Hiebert of the University of Delaware? A career-long leader in educator preparation like recent winner Jolanda Westerhof of Principia College? Or an inspiring contributor to the profession like recent winner Stacy Duffield of North Dakota State University? Help us honor their work with one of these Professional Achievement Awards:
- Margaret B. Lindsey Award for Distinguished Research in Teacher Education
- David G. Imig Award for Distinguished Achievement in Teacher Education
- Edward C. Pomeroy Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teacher Education
You can download the complete call for entries here, or simply enter the online submission site for detailed requirements about each award. Thank you for helping AACTE recognize excellence in the field in 2019!
Tags: AACTE online resources, diversity, global issues, membership, research, technology