Strengthening the Principal Pipeline: Free Preconference Event at #AACTE18
If you are looking for an opportunity to engage in a dynamic day of discussion and information sharing about the preparation of school leaders, look no further. With the generous support of The Wallace Foundation, AACTE is excited to again be able to host a free, day-long preconference event before AACTE’s Annual Meeting to share ideas and issues focused on strengthening the principal pipeline.
Strengthening the Pipeline to Transform the Principalship will be held Wednesday, February 28, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor. Participants will draw upon emergent Wallace Knowledge in School Leadership as well as presentations on emergent policy issues, initiatives to improve practice, and exemplars of practice in educational leadership to explore approaches and address persistent problems in principal preparation.
Key topics that will be highlighted through the preconference agenda include –
- An update about progress of The Wallace Foundation’s University Principal Preparation Initiative
- An analysis of principal mentorship program outcomes using Improving University Principal Preparation Programs: Five Themes From the Field
- The role of school-university and multifaceted partnerships in renewing principal preparation
- The effect of emergent policy, policy contexts, and new standards on principal preparation program renewal
- The principal’s role as instructional and cultural school leader in a variety of contexts, such as inclusive principal leadership
This preconference event will also afford opportunities for peer networking and interactive discussions about the topics posed to further explore local challenges and solutions faced by school leader preparation programs. Following the preconference, attendees will be invited to continue the conversation during an evening AACTE reception and future collaborative efforts that grow out of the event.
To join us for a day of interactive information sharing and conversation about critical issues in educational leadership, visit the Events Registration site to add this preconference to your Annual Meeting registration. Participation in this event is free of charge, and breakfast and lunch will be provided. Space is limited, and all participants are asked to register in advance to inform planning.
For questions about this event, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about all preconference events being held at the AACTE Annual Meeting can be found by reading this overview article.