Applying for Federal Research Funding? View On-Demand Webinars From IES for FY18
The U.S. Department of Education’s Institute for Education Sciences (IES) has released a series of on-demand webinars to assist prospective grantees in completing applications for the Fiscal Year 2018 grant cycle.
Some webinars provide viewers with general guidance on the grant application process, while others are more specific to particular grant programs. After viewing a webinar, potential applicants can e-mail IES with any questions they might have that weren’t addressed during the webinar.
In addition to the general-topic webinars, the IES archive currently contains information on five grant opportunities; another five are said to be coming soon. Each webinar’s archive includes a video recording, PowerPoint slides, and a transcript.
Funding opportunity webinars are currently available on the following topics:
- Low-Cost, Short-Duration Evaluation of Education and Special Education Interventions
- National Center for Special Education Research (NCSER) Research Training Programs in Special Education: Postdoctoral Research Training in Special Education and Early Intervention
- NCSER Research Training Programs in Special Education: Early Career Development and Mentoring
- Researcher-Practitioner Partnerships in Education Research
- Evaluation of State and Local Education Programs and Policies
Webinars on these five topics will be available soon:
- Research Networks Focused on Critical Problems of Policy and Practice in Special Education: Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- National Research and Development Centers: Improving Rural Education
- National Research and Development Centers: Improving Education Outcomes for Disadvantaged Students in Choice Schools
- National Research and Development Centers: Writing in Secondary Schools
- National Research and Development Centers: Exploring Science Teaching in Elementary School Classrooms
For details and links to the webinars, visit the IES website.
Tags: federal issues, funding, research