Help Your Graduating Seniors Land a 2017-2018 Teaching Job
The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of AACTE.
As the seniors in your college of education gear up for graduation, encourage them to check out the free resources offered through Education Week’s TopSchoolJobs website:
- Free job seeker networking events like the STEM online job fair taking place later this month
- eBooks such as So You Want to Be a Teacher? Tips on Finding, Getting, and Keeping the Job You Love
- Archived webinars to watch on demand, such as “How to Find the Right Teaching Job”
All resources on the site are free, including job searching – think LinkedIn but specifically for PK-12 professionals. Take the opportunity to share these high-quality resources with your network. Below is a blurb on the April 27 online job fair specifically for STEM educators. Simply copy and paste the information below to share with your staff and students today.
ONLINE JOB FAIR
Thursday, April 27
11 a.m. – 2 p.m. ET – Join any time your schedule allows
- To chat 1:1 with recruiters from around the country, looking to fill hundreds of STEM teaching jobs
- To get comfortable networking in a low-stress environment
- For free professional development resources from Education Week, the American educator’s newspaper of record, and 1:1 career advice from experts at the American Association for Employment in Education
What Districts Will Be There?
- New York City Department of Education
- Boston Public Schools
- Oakland Unified School District (outside of San Francisco, CA)
- Nationally recognized school districts from the D.C. metro area (DC/VA/MD)
- … And nearly two dozen more from the East Coast, Midwest, and West Coast
Secure your space today – register for the job fair here.
Melissa Heyeck is a member of the Education Week Marketing Department, a noneditorial division of Education Week.