Dive Into Assessment Data, Accreditation Standards, More at AACTE Workshop
Are you preparing for a CAEP accreditation visit? Wondering how to apply evidence from your candidates’ performance assessments to make sure your program prepares them for key practices? Or perhaps you’re looking for new ideas for recruiting and supporting a more diverse candidate pool? Find the guidance you need at an AACTE Quality Support Workshop!
In just over 6 weeks, AACTE will bring expert facilitators and a selection of workshop sessions to Fort Worth, Texas, April 24-26. We’ve just posted a detailed schedule with descriptions of session choices to help you plan your time effectively (download the PDF here).
Over the four concurrent session blocks, you and your assessment or accreditation team could –
- Get a jump on your CAEP accreditation readiness with step-by-step guidance on preparing for a site visit, engaging stakeholders, and analyzing and presenting evidence for your programs. Be sure to bring an assessment to review and any questions you have!
- Dive into your candidates’ edTPA data, with hands-on support using ResultsAnalyzer, and unpack edTPA rubric constructs related to candidates’ performance on equitable teaching practices.
- Develop a custom plan for integrating “high-leverage practices” in your curriculum, with specific attention to four practices assessed through the new NOTE assessment series: leading group discussions, modeling content and strategies, interpreting students’ thinking, and diagnosing patterns of student thinking.
- Build your team’s understanding of effective quality assurance systems – and develop (or refine) your own system using multiple measures, valid and reliable evidence, and continuous improvement goals.
- Apply lessons from new research on efforts to diversify the teacher pipeline to your own programs, considering strategies from recruitment to mentorship to financial assistance. Leave with an action plan and a network of supporters!
The online registration deadline and hotel discount for the Fort Worth workshop have been extended to March 31, so be sure to register before then. Team discounts are available!
Looking for another Quality Support Workshop? In addition to Texas in April, we’re coming to Minneapolis in August and Seattle in November. Learn more at aacte.org/workshops.
Tags: accreditation, assessment, data, events, program improvement