Can’t-Miss Events: An Annual Meeting Overview
In just 3 weeks, AACTE will welcome thousands of members and partners to Tampa, Florida, for the 69th AACTE Annual Meeting. We eagerly anticipate the addition of your voice to our convening under the theme “Acting as One: The Power of the Professional Community.”
To make the most of your time in Tampa, be sure to create a personal schedule in our mobile-friendly Online Event Planner. (In fact, the online planner is the only place to get session information, as we no longer print program books.) Once you’ve created your personal schedule in the Online Event Planner, you can export it to your calendar or just continue to access it through the planner site.
In addition to choosing among the hundreds of concurrent sessions, roundtables, symposia, and more, you won’t want to miss these key events:
Everyone will gather in the West Hall of the Tampa Convention Center for two plenary sessions. We’ll hear from the Association’s leaders, honor the award winners, and get inspired by presentations from leading scholars.
- Welcoming Session with Shaun Harper – Thursday, March 2, 11:45 a.m.–1:45 p.m.
- Speaker Spotlight Session with Linda Darling-Hammond – Saturday, March 4, 12:15-1:30 p.m.
Like last year, we’ll offer six major forums in Tampa (see descriptions here). Don’t worry that you can’t attend them all; we’ll post video recordings after the event. Choose one in each time slot:
Thursday, March 2, 2:00-3:15 p.m.
- Acting as Systems: A Pipeline Approach to Educator Preparation Policy
- Meeting the Needs of All Learners: Advancing Social Justice and Diversity in Teacher Preparation
Friday, March 3, 9:00-10:15 a.m.
- Community-Based Teacher Preparation as Praxis: Preparing Effective Educators Through Research-Practice Partnerships
- How Does the Work of Teaching Become the Work of Justice and Equity?
Saturday, March 4, 10:30-11:45 a.m.
- Acting as One to Support Educator Development
- The Clinical Practice Imperative: Conversations With AACTE’s Commission
When you’re not busy presenting or attending other sessions, we hope you’ll join us in the Conference Community Center to meet our sponsors and exhibitors, sample the latest tools and resources, and enjoy a meal or coffee break. While you’re there, capture a group selfie or two to enter our Twitter contest. In addition, AACTE invites you to consider adding these special events to your schedule:
- Preconference Events – Wednesday, March 1 (separate registration required here)
- AACTE Gallery – Thursday, March 2, 10:45-11:45 a.m. and 2:00-4:15 p.m.; and Friday, March 3, 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Around the Association in 60 Minutes – Thursday, March 2, 3:15-4:15 p.m.
- Opening Reception – Thursday, March 2, 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- AACTE Business Meeting – Friday, March 3, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Job and Information Fair – Friday, March 3, 1:15-3:15 p.m.
- Deans’ Academy – Friday, March 3, 1:45-4:00 p.m.
All of this programming would not be possible without the generosity of our event sponsors. Please join us in thanking them:
- Evaluation Systems Group of Pearson
- Horace Mann Companies
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards / ATLAS
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of South Florida
For more information about our sponsors and exhibitors, conference location, and other Annual Meeting details, visit our website.
Tags: Annual Meeting