Nov. 3 Webinar to Discuss Tools, Partnerships Supporting School Leader Development
Please join me November 3, 3:00-4:00 p.m. EDT, for a free webinar, Effective Tools to Support School Leader Licensure and Professional Development: Mentoring, Modeling, and Support.
In several states, collaborative work among school districts, universities, and state agencies is supporting the development and deployment of new standards for school leaders’ preparation and practice. Hear from several participants in these partnerships about the instruments and other supports they’ve produced.
Learn about the successes and challenges that preparation programs have encountered and the national-level tools available to help programs assess outcomes and improve, including the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA) INSPIRE Survey suite, Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation standards for advanced programs, and the assessment of program outcomes based on the new National Educational Leadership Preparation standards.
Presenters will also discuss the new Wallace-funded University Principal Preparation Initiative, a $47 million investment in seven universities and their partner districts based on the research in Improving University Principal Preparation Programs: Five Themes From the Field. Learn about the importance of mentoring, program development, and collaboration across and among university programs that prepare principals and other school leaders.
I will serve as moderator for the presentation with the following experts:
- Erin Anderson, University of Denver
- Daniel Reyes Guerra, Florida Atlantic University
- Diana Pounder, INSPIRE Associate Director for Research, UCEA
- Pamela Tucker, University of Virginia, Senior Associate Director, UCEA
- Michelle Young, University of Virginia, Executive Director, UCEA
To register, visit AACTE’s event page.
This webinar is the fourth in this fall’s series “Raising the Bar and Enhancing Partnerships for Principal and Supervisor Preparation.” AACTE is grateful to The Wallace Foundation for its support of this series.
Recordings of the previous webinars are available here:
- How Accrediting Organizations and Standards Can Improve Principal Quality (Oct. 2016)
- Successful University-District Partnerships to Prepare School Principals (Sep. 2016)
- Engaging With States to Inform Principal and Supervisor Preparation (Aug. 2016)
Tags: accreditation, principal preparation, school-university partnerships