Award Application Deadline EXTENDED to Oct. 26
AACTE has extended the application deadline for the 2017 Best Practice and Professional Achievement Awards until October 26! Now you have an extra 2 weeks to submit an entry through AACTE’s online submission site or to finish an entry you have already started. For detailed submission information, please refer to the official Call for Entries.
Our Best Practice Awards recognize your institution’s exemplary and innovative work in one of three areas:
- Best Practice Award for the Innovative Use of Technology (read about last year’s winner, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, here)
- Best Practice Award in Support of Global and International Perspectives (read about last year’s winner, Indiana University, here)
- Best Practice Award in Support of Multicultural Education and Diversity (read about last year’s winner, Loyola Marymount University, here)
In addition, Professional Achievement Awards recognize individual achievement in educator preparation (see this blog for more information):
- Margaret B. Lindsey Award for Distinguished Research in Teacher Education
- David G. Imig Award for Distinguished Achievement in Teacher Education
- Edward C. Pomeroy Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teacher Education (read about last year’s winner, Ena Shelley, here)
For most of the awards, programs and individuals can be either self-nominated or nominated by a third party. Winners will be decided by the AACTE standing committees, notified in December, announced publicly in early February, and recognized formally at the 2017 Annual Meeting, March 2-4 in Tampa, FL.
For more information, please see http://www.aacte.org/professional-development-and-events/awards or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t miss your chance – submit your nomination today!