Submit Proposals by Oct. 10 for 2017 CAEPCons
The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) seeks presentation proposals for sessions to be held at the 2017 spring and/or fall CAEPCon. Proposals must be submitted online by October 10.
Session proposals should address one or more of the following topics:
- Preparation of candidates to develop discipline-specific practices and facilitate PK-12 students’ achievement of college- and career-ready standards
- Mutually beneficial clinical conditions that facilitate shared expectations for, development of, and evaluation of candidate/clinical educator/clinical experience effectiveness
- Recruiting increasingly diverse and able candidates; connecting candidate selection and progression factors to effectiveness in the field; monitoring candidate progression
- Strategies for tracking and assessing effectiveness of completers in service
- Data quality, data literacy, and data use in program improvement
- Developing assessments for advanced programs
- Scholarly use of accreditation data and educator preparation research to inform the field
- Establishing validity and inter-rater reliability for assessments
Presenters will be notified of their successful proposals in November. Other details about the two conferences in 2017 will be forthcoming. For more information, contact Jennifer Carinci at Jennifer.Carinci@caepnet.org or (202) 753-1643.
Looking for information on the 2016 CAEPCon, to be held September 29–October 1 in Washington, DC? Registration is open online through September 9.
Tags: AACTE partner organizations, accreditation, events
Director of Member Engagement, AACTE