Sept. 13 Webinar to Explore University-District Partnerships for Principal Preparation
On Tuesday, September 13, AACTE will host the second free webinar in its series on partnerships for principal and supervisor preparation. Please join us 12:30–1:30 p.m. EDT for “Successful University–District Partnerships to Prepare School Principals.”
This event will feature participants in two of The Wallace Foundation’s Principal Pipeline Initiative districts, Hillsborough County Public Schools (FL) and Tulsa Public Schools (OK), and two partner universities in Florida, Saint Leo University and the University of South Florida. Because the Tulsa district is working within a slightly different framework to assist principals via role and structural changes, its participation lends an “outside” voice to this webinar.
We hope you will both learn from and interact with the webinar’s panelists:
- Fern Aefsky, Associate Professor, Graduate Education, Saint Leo University
- William Black, Associate Professor and Doctoral Program Coordinator for Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, University of South Florida
- Jennifer Gripado, Elementary Instructional Leadership Director, Tulsa Public Schools
- Joyce Haines, Instructor and Master’s Program Coordinator for Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, University of South Florida
- Jodi Lamb, Associate Professor, Graduate Studies of Education, Saint Leo University
- Tricia McManus, Executive Director of Leadership Development, Hillsborough County Public Schools
In the first webinar of this series held August 17 (archived in the AACTE Resource Library), “Engaging With States to Inform Principal and Supervisor Preparation,” presenters included University Council for Educational Administration Executive Director Michelle Young, a state representative from Delaware, a colleague who has worked with the development of the National Educational Leadership Preparation standards and has experience in a state department of education as well as at a major university, and a Principal Pipeline Initiative district leader from Iowa.
Mark your calendars for the two additional webinars in this national series, “How Accrediting Organizations Can Improve Principal Quality” (October 5) and “Effective Tools to Support School Leader Licensure and Professional Development” (October 27).
Please join us!
Learn more and register for the September 13 event here.
Angela Maynard Sewall is emeritus dean of the College of Education and emeritus professor of educational leadership at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. She currently serves as a consultant with AACTE.
Tags: AACTE partner organizations, events, principal preparation, school-university partnerships