AACTE Celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week
AACTE joins the National Education Association (NEA) and the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in celebrating terrific teachers during National Teacher Appreciation Week, May 2-6, and National Teacher Day, May 3.
Tune in to the White House tomorrow as President Obama recognizes this year’s national and state teachers of the year, and don’t forget to reach out to congratulate any honorees who are alumni of your programs!
How can you get involved in the teacher celebration? In addition to holding events for your alumni or simply thanking teachers in person, here are some easy ways to engage on social media:
- Say “thank you” on Twitter using the hashtag #ThankATeacher. Consider sharing something special:
- A picture of yourself with your favorite teacher, past or present
- A picture of your child with his or her teacher
- A picture of yourself holding a printed thank-you message to a teacher and a few words about why you’re thanking him or her
- Update your Facebook status to thank a teacher who made a difference in your life. If you’d like, you can use this cute graphic provided by NEA and PTA organizers.
- Join Throwback Thursday, May 5 – Send AACTE a favorite photo of your childhood self with a teacher. We might feature it on our Facebook page!