AACTE Speaker Spotlight Session to Tackle Tough Questions
A dynamic panel of education leaders will take on the most pressing questions facing educator preparation during the Speaker Spotlight Session at AACTE’s 68th Annual Meeting.
This general session, to be held February 25, 2016, at 12:15 p.m., will feature the following panelists (learn more about them here):
- Carole G. Basile, Dean and Professor, College of Education, University of Missouri St. Louis
- Anthony S. Bryk, President, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Daniel A. Domenech, Executive Director, American Association of School Administrators
- Cheryl A. Redfield, National Board Certified Teacher, Highland Junior High (AZ)
- Moderator: Nancy A. Zimpher, Chancellor, State University of New York
These panelists will discuss preparation programs’ roles and responsibilities vis-à-vis evolving workforce needs, clinical preparation and partnerships, and translating the latest research for practice. What new responsibilities should higher education be taking on to enhance the educator pipeline? What are the roles of preservice programs in supporting educator induction and ongoing development? What types of models will foster growth in our school-university-community partnerships, and what do our partners need from us that we are not yet providing?
Join us for this thought-provoking session and all the others at AACTE’s 68th Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, February 23-25. Register by January 27 and save!
Tags: Annual Meeting